Friday 1 August 2008

Back to everyday life routine.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
-C. S. Lewis


After being busy with students from Leeuwarden, Holland for a month, it's finally over yesterday, and I have to get back to the ordinary everyday life routine. In the last month, I've become accustomed to going out with quite a large group (23 of them, and around 8 of us) almost every single day, so I really start to feel bored being home...

And like C. S. Lewis said, although friendship has no survival value, it is one of the things that gives value to survival, so once again I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone (in no particular order: Aida, Sheilah, Ninah, Caroline, Piet, Maaike, Ineke, Orne, Sandra, Frank, Beeuwkje, Sanne, Richard, Liese, Anita, Monica, Joan, Mirna, Renske, Hennie, Robin, Daphne, and Jetty) for all the friendship and the experience. We had a good time that won't be forgotten so easily, and I also had a good chance to practice my (rusty) Dutch again. For the ones that go back, have a nice trip back; for the ones going on vacation, have a nice vacation! I sincerely hope we can meet again some day. In the meantime, we will surely miss you. Well, at least, I surely will... :)

No comments: